I like a lot of quotes. I like a lot of sayings.
They’re kind of two different things.
I have a lot of favorite quotes. So, I give you an incredibly condensed list of some of those:
- “Life isn’t about finding yourself, life is about creating yourself.” – Unknown
- “Even when laws have been written down, they ought not always to remain unaltered.” – Aristotle
- “Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.” -Bob Marley
- “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.” -Albert Einstein
- “Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
- “Family isn’t about whose blood you have. It’s about who you care about.” – Trey Parker and Matt Stone
- “Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.” – Mark Twain
Like I said, that’s the condensed version.
I’m assuming, though, that when you say ‘a quote you try to live by’, you mean more along the lines of a saying, and less along the lines of an actual quote. Like….’do unto others as you would have done unto you’ or ‘go big or go home’ or ‘live and let live’. [I could be wrong. You could actually mean quotes, like the above. But ya know. This is the internet.]
In which case, a saying I try to live by, is basically juts C’est La Vie. Such is life.
I think this has been one of my favorites for so long because it’s pretty much my mindset: Get over it. Things happen. You can’t change life, you can only influence it. Stop dwelling over what’s been done and stop worrying about what might be later.
Seeing how I just turned 18, I’ve been giving a lot of thought lately to tattoo ideas. I’ve been considering this phrase – C’est la vie – for years. So, we’ll see.
Side note: Happy turkey day! Trying to decide if we’re going Black Friday shopping or not tomorrow. Need jeans, want shoes. Hmm. Decisions.
Tomorrow’s topic; Somewhere you’d like to move to or visit.