So One Direction is awesome and screw you, I am not afraid to admit it.
I’m Meg, I’m 18, and I’m a raging fangirl.
But hey, at least I’m a Tumblr Directioner instead of one of the cranky Twitter Directioners who can do nothing but send hate mail to the boys’ girlfriends and families. So there’s that.
But no really, concert was lovely. Totally skipped listening to the first girl, Manika, because….just no. Just. No. On the bright side, since we opted not to strain our ears with her set, I got a chance to hang out with friends for more than two minutes, which was good.
Olly Murs is fucking wonderful and I cannot wait for his CD to be released here. Sad I have to wait until like September. Boooo.
And I would go on and on and on about 1D because I’m still in happy post-concert mode, but I’ll save you the mindless fangirling and just say I had fun, it was worth it, and my little 12-year-old heart will treasure this forever.
The lights in that Arena during Moments was one of the most gorgeous things I’ve ever seen. Please excuse the crappy camera phone picture, but I promise it was beautiful in real life:
Also Niall’s solo in their Use Somebody cover may actually be the death of me. And if not, they were definitely trying to kill me letting him talk so much. Fuck him and his stupid hot accent.
Now exiting Fangirl Land to save everyone not interested.
Tired, but in a good mood. Going over in my head all the things I have coming up – both in terms of making a little cash and seeing friends and all the above – and I’m in a good mood. Yayyy.
Aaaand speaking of friends. Since I saw one tonight, I finally got to give her the little bundle of birthday gifts I’ve been meaning to get to since her actual birthday at the beginning of May. BUT, before I sent them off, I took pictures. So I can share. Because you know you care.
- Tie-dyed pillow with a doodled skyline of her hometown, since she’s going away to college in a different state in a few months.
- Wood plaque with the state of Florida outlined. Both this and the pillow just to be little decorative reminders of home. [Because we’re going to miss her, and I already see her almost not at all, and I’m mean and want her to think of us and be sad sometimes too.]
- Two pair of earrings – one just made from wire, the other from painted bobby pins
- Purple fabric and chain bracelet [made a red version for her little sister as well]
- Little Union Jack zippered bag for makeup or whatever little things, because she needed something all British-y too.
Go me. I also took a picture of everything wrapped, because I had WAY too much fun wrapping everything and decorating.
Mostly just painted with acrylics or watercolors on the wrapping paper. The little box with the earrings I wrapped in a hemp cord that I painted with blue, green and pink acrylics. The envelope for the card is watercolored, the bag is just decorated with neon stickers, and the bracelets are in little DIY painted pillow boxes. [Toilet paper rolls for the win.]
So yeah. Way too much fun there.